Just me a MOM..

Preemie life and Depression through my eyes.

  • Blog Stats

    • 13,286 hits
  • Top Posts

  • Advertisements

A new Yearly tradition./wordless Wednesday…but with words.

Posted by Jenn on September 18, 2007

It’s been a crazy week, and its only 2 days into it. For the last couple of days my Zach has not been himself. He is not sleeping and just all around fussy. It worried me because normally I don’t have sleep and whiney problems with him. Monday he seemed okay until about 11am. He would not stop crying. I could not do anything to help him stop. He just cried and cried. Finally after singing Twinkle Twinkle little star about a hundred times in a row, Chad got him asleep. We decided we needed to take him to the Dr’s. We went in and they could not find anything wrong with him other than a sore tummy. Dr. told us to watch him and give him 24 hours to see if anything else appeared symptom wise. Gave us Tylenol and Benadryl for pain and sleeping and sent us on our way. Fast forward to 3am. Chad had succumbed to sleeping on the couch and I lay in bed with Bubba trying for the 6 hour in a row to get him to sleep. I got him to sleep for about an hour but at 5am he was up crying again. Finally after trying everything I could think of for the millionth time, I called the Dr. again. (Yay for cell phone numbers!!) He told me to take him up to Primary Children’s Medical Hospital. I called the people I needed in tears and by 7am I was in the car driving myself alone to the ER. I had decided to call my cousin and let her know what was going on since she knew about the situation. I looked in the mirror to make sure Zach was okay. When I noticed that he was shaking and making gargling noises. I turned in my seat and saw that his eyes had rolled in to the back of his head. I was able to get myself some what calmly over to the side of the road, Got out and called 911.

It was like time stood still for me. All I could see was lights flashing and sirens getting louder, but they were moving really slow. All I could think about was making sure Zach was okay. He just laid there with his head on his car seat and cried. After a few questions they told me that they wanted to take us via ambulance to the Hospital. He cried the whole way up. We were in the ER for about 5-6 hours. They put an IV in and gave him fluids. Zach was so tired and dehydrated. They figured out that he had Adenoid Virus. After a good sleep and negative Results from the labs they let us go. They gave us some stuff for his sore throat and emergency Vicadin for his seizures if he has another one. He is taking fever reducer meds ever 4 hours to help keep his fever at bay. They said it could take 5-7 days for him to get fully over this virus. I just have to make sure I watch him carefully. I hope he doesn’t make this” ride in the ambulance” thing a yearly tradition. Last year around this same time we were doing the same thing!

Now at home he seems to be doing much better. Still not my Regular Bubba, but getting there. I am glad to be home. I am also glad that things were not worse than they could have been. Thanks Elsha! You helped when you didn’t even realize you did. Thanks for staying calm for me. Now I am off to take a nap!




12 Responses to “A new Yearly tradition./wordless Wednesday…but with words.”

  1. Oh I’m so sorry about it. Hope it won’t have to happen again.

  2. Did they say the seizure was triggered by the lack of sleep? That is my biggest fear with our poor sleeping habits…

    Here is to no sleeping sista

  3. Alexis said

    Poor little guy! How scary for you. I am glad he is okay.

  4. Carey said

    How scary. I hope he is doing better.

  5. oldqueen44 said

    He looks like he was a brave little patient. God’s blessings to you and your family.

  6. aimee said

    Oh how scary for you! I’m just glad he’s feeling better! He’s such a cutie.

  7. zamejias said

    I hope he will pull a yearly thingy. That would be unbearable and I know you’d be worried sick (we mothers always do even with the slightest onset of fever]. Hope your kid is okay now.

  8. Rene said

    Oh my! Reading this is like Deja Vu! When my now 16 year old was almost two he had stomach virus that brought a fever of 105. We had just left one hospital and were on or way home when I saw exactly what you did. Eyes rolled back and drooling. Since my brother and sister had always had seizures, I knew what was happening. So we dialed 911 while attempting to cool him down. I couldn’t believe the people that just drove by and watched as my baby boy was laying on the trunk of my mom’s car…I was crying. I would have pulled over and offered help. I just don’t get it. I hope your baby boy feels better ASAP and that he never has to ride in an ambulance again. {{{{HUGS}}}} Scary I know!

  9. Hope you feel better for the sleep and he’s back to normal soon

  10. Meesa said

    I’m sorry you had to go through this(again), but I’m glad he’s doing better.

  11. kerri and scott said

    Oh Jen…how scary for all of you. I hope he continues to get better. Keep the faith and know we are praying for you.

  12. Tiffanie said

    Oh i hope he gets to feeling better soon. I have dealt with that too in the spring. My munchkin got a stomach virus that was supposed to last 3 days. . He had a fever of 102 for seven days i couldn’t get him to stay awake or even squeeze my hand. I was so scared! Get some sleep. I’ll be praying for you guys!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: